9.22.2010

Old people have no filter!

Why is it... that when people get old, they no longer have any inhibitions in regards to speaking about their bowels??  I mean, is this a requirement for those approaching (or already well into) old age? 

You tell me: maybe I missed something somewhere.  Is there currently a rule that in order to get your social security checks in a timely manner, you must demonstrate the ability to work constipation, gas, and diarrhea into any given conversation with no regard for the listener's discomfort level?  I mean really!  I do not need to know about your blocked bowels, and I certainly do not need to know when you have the runs.  Similarly, I do not need to hear about the gas you had last night after you ate a sloppy joe. 

Please, let's just stick to talking about your wartime memories, you mother's lasagna, the woes of penny-pinching during the Great Depression, and how provocatively the kids are dressing nowadays!

No comments:

Post a Comment