9.12.2010

1.) my sister-in-law, my friend.

Lately, I've had alot on my mind regarding my own life and my own problems.  But while I wander through my day feeling sorry for myself or wondering why things happen the way they do (or why they don't the way they don't), my sister-in-law has been fighting her own personal battle with strength and grace that I don't know if I have.  She and my brother are going through some tough times, struggling to see their future together.  There is hardly a pain that can compare to the fear of losing your partner in life and being left to pack up, shove off, and start anew. 

So amidst all the sadness and throughout all the tears in our individual lives right now, we've been pulling hard for one another and forging the strength to support one another despite our own challenges. I've realized that I've truly been blessed to have acheived such a wonderful connection with my sister-in-law.  Some people aren't so lucky.  But I am, and I'm thankful.  It's just one small bright spot in a storm of emotions... and it should be acknowledged in its own right.

No comments:

Post a Comment