9.07.2010

Life's Little Blessings: they're out there somewhere.

Like anyone's life, mine has been filled with some good and some bad (and, of course, some ugly).  I've got plenty of regrets and I've got plenty of memories.  I've made wise decisions, terrible decisions, and some that have outcomes yet to be determined.


In a life that often feels all-consuming, it's easy to miss the little things.  I've caught myself lately feeling like nothing is easy, no endings are happy, and luck is laughing at me.  As an attempt to open my own eyes to the many small blessings I've been fortunate enough to experience, I'm putting it all out there, in this little corner of cyber universe. 

Because the small things?  The lucky moments, the simple miracles?  They're out there somewhere, just waiting for someone to notice.

So from now on, I'm going to notice, and hopefully each day I can find something good buried in the chaos of everyday life. I'm going to search for the good within the bad, even when it's hard to find. I'm going to see how long it takes for 101 little blessings to come along.  I'm going to document them all right here, so that, on days when it feels like nothing happy happens, I can look at this list and be reminded of just how lucky I really am, and how sweet life really is. 

And so a blog is born...

No comments:

Post a Comment