11.25.2010

21.) Give Thanks.

This year, I have a lot to be thankful for. 

I am thankful for the fact that my little brother made it back home safely after his second tour of duty overseas, this time in Afghanistan (last time in Iraq) with hardly a scratch on him.  He does have a giant scar on the side of his forehead after a metal pipe dislodged and hit him on the face during the dissembly of a tent, but aside from that, we are thankful to have him on U.S. soil all in one piece. 

I am thankful, too, that both my husband and I have jobs and can pay our bills.  I'm extra thankful that right now, I can afford to only work part-time, leaving me some time left during the week to restore my sanity, considering my job does make me crazy at times.

I am thankful for our home, filled with laughter and love, and fur-balls from our two precious kitty cats.

I am thankful that, after many many attempts to start our own family, our luck finally came through for us and we are now expecting our first bundle of joy in approximately six months. 

I am also thankful for my family and my husband's family.  We aren't a perfect bunch, and sometimes we drive each other crazy, but I do know that if we ever needed anything, we could call upon our parents and our brothers, and they would never hesitate to help us out in any way they could.

I am over-the-moon-thankful for my husband, who truly does love me just the way I am.  He is my absolute best friend in this world, and means more to me than just about anything.  I am so proud of the way he lives his life and the person that he is, and I can honestly say that I would hardly change a single thing about him.  I just love him to pieces.

And last but not least, I am thankful for my friends, who I don't get a chance to see face-to-face very often, but who have been there for me (in their own ways) each step of the way during my journey through the land of infertility and trying to conceive.  I needed all the support I could get at that time in my life (it's still strange to refer to it in the past-tense... wow, am I really past it?!) and my caring, supportive friends were always there to listen.  Sometimes I complained, sometimes I cried, sometimes I laughed and feigned acceptance.  Some knew the details, some knew the jist, and others knew nothing at all, but likely suspected.  They comforted me with grace, they encouraged me with love, and they congratulated me at the end of the race. 

I am a lucky girl in many ways.  I try to remember that every single day, not just the last Thursday in November, but sometimes we need an appointment.  And that's what I love about Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment