10.11.2010

a very sad time in my family

I posted a few weeks ago about a special person in my life, my sister-in-law, and her incredible strength as she tackles the most difficult thing she's ever had to face: the imminent end to her marriage and her world as she knows it.  She has become a very dear friend of mine over the last couple years, especially this year, as we've confided in each other and cheered one another on through life's trials and tribulations. 

Separation and divorce are such a devastating thing, with such complexity that extends far beyond the two people directly involved.  I do not know what the future will be for my sister-in-law and I as she starts her life anew.  I am being as supportive as I can be while two people I care about very much make a life-changing decision and one walks away with a completely broken heart.  It's so difficult to be involved as a supporter when, let's face it, I have the interest of both parties at hand. 

I know that in the end, my sister-in-law (my FRIEND), will come out of this alright.  After her life stops spinning around unrecognizably and things start to settle down a bit, I have confidence that she will get back on track and do great things.  In the meanwhile, all I can do is be there for her, and for my brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment